Gympass cares deeply about privacy and transparency regarding how we treat your personal data. Below we explain what information we collect when you apply for a job at Gympass, how we use and share your data, and your rights related to your personal data.
Please take note of the following:
- By submitting your application for employment, you indicate that you have read and understand that your personal data may be used in the ways described in this Notice. Please note that we cannot process your application for employment if you do not provide your personal data.
- If required by applicable law, the Gympass entity to which you submit an application for employment, along with Gympass US, LLC, and other Gympass entities that may be involved in the recruitment process, act as joint controllers of your personal data. This means that Gympass and its affiliates jointly determine how to use your personal data in connection with your application.
- Your personal data may be used to assess your suitability for various roles with Gympass, not just the position applied for, as allowed under applicable law. Your personal data may be shared between different Gympass entities for this purpose as allowed under applicable law.
Your Personal Information
Gympass may collect and process different categories of your personal data, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, and email;
- CV/resume, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, professional and other work-related licences, permits and certifications held;
- Desired salary, relevant work experience, type of employment sought, date available, and employee referral;
- Information from background checks, where permitted by law, and work authorization status;
- Information relating to character and employment references;
- Language and other relevant skills; and
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
If you provide us with personal data of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information. By providing that personal data, you are affirming that you have obtained such consent.
Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Gympass will collect, use, and process your personal data in order to:
- Verify your identity;
- Process your application for employment;
- Assess your fitness for the position(s) applied for (and other suitable positions, as allowed under applicable law and make decisions regarding your prospective employment;
- Conduct reference checks;
- Communicate with you;
- Demonstrate Gympass’s compliance with equality and applicable laws and regulations;
- Preserve other legitimate interests, such as, e.g., Gympass’ administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct Gympass’ business; and
- Comply with any other legal obligations for our business under applicable laws.
It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data for these purposes to hire appropriate candidates, and to administer our recruitment function.
Sensitive personal data (as defined under applicable law) will not be processed, except with your explicit consent or to the extent necessary or permissible under applicable laws. Consistent with applicable law, we may ask questions about race/ ethnic origin, gender, and disability of our applicants, for the purpose of monitoring our compliance with equal opportunity and relevant employment laws and other internal purposes.
If you accept employment with Gympass, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes. Any information that you submit through the application processor must be true, complete, and not misleading. Purposely submitting inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information may lead to rejection of your application or, if identified after employment, disciplinary action, including termination.
In addition, we may sometimes use aggregate or anonymized data that we gather during the application process to carry out analysis of successful applicants (e.g., to see whether successful applicants hold a university degree) so that we can optimize our recruitment strategy.
Consistent with applicable law, the information about you will be added to our job applicant system so that we may consider you for opportunities at Gympass and affiliates other than the one for which you apply. We may contact you by email or by phone about other opportunities that may be aligned with our needs and your interests. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us at __. This data will only be retained in accordance with our data retention policy.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Gympass may disclose your personal data to:
- Third party service providers;
- Legal counsel and other advisors; and
- In the case of a sale, change of control or transfer of all or part of the assets of Gympass.
In addition, we may provide data to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons or that this is necessary to prevent harm or injury to us, our staff or members of the public, or if we need to do so to defend our legal rights. For example, we may provide personal information if we are ordered by a court to do so.
For some positions that require specific skill sets, we may use an assessment in order review your demonstration of the required skills (e.g., an applicant for a coding position may be asked to take a coding test). We use any such test to make sure that the right people end up in the right positions, which is our legitimate interest. If an assessment is necessary in your case, we will inform you of this in advance and will always also inform you of the outcome of the test.
As part of the recruitment process, we may need to transfer your personal data outside of your home country (including outside the European Economic Area). We will do so in accordance with an appropriate transfer mechanism, such as the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses, as required under applicable law.
Your Data Privacy Rights
You may have a right to request access to your personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this information, where these rights are provided by applicable law and subject to certain exceptions. Personal data demonstrating compliance with the eligibility and selection criteria may not be updated or corrected after the closing date for applications. To exercise your rights, you may contact us with your request at the contact information listed below.
Subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to: (i) object to and restrict our use of your personal data; and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or with an appropriate data protection commissioner in your region (see contact information below).
Retaining Your Personal Data
Gympass will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the above purposes, and as is required to demonstrate compliance with law. We may also keep your personal data for a longer period if we believe that you may be a suitable candidate for future positions as allowed under applicable law. Gympass does not retain your personal data submitted in connection with your application for longer than two years (unless you are hired or otherwise as required or allowed under applicable law).
Current Personnel of Gympass
If you currently work for Gympass, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Gympass to use our online portal. If you accept such a position, your benefits program and human resources policies may change. Please consult with an HR manager for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefits program, and policies applicable to that position.
Send an email to Gympass’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
For candidates in Europe and the UK, you may contact the Dutch Data Protection Commission, which is Gympass’s Lead Supervisory Authority:
PO Box 93374
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
+31 (0) 70 – 888 85 00
Last updated: February 25, 2021